Saturday, September 19, 2009

Things going on here in our little world

So Tommy and I both have been busy working but that isn't anything different. Tommy will be working long 12 hour shifts next week and possibly the weekend or at least one day on the weekend so that isn't ever fun when he has to work that.


I went to the dentist. Had my my filling done on the same tooth that gave me trouble a couple months ago. I have to go back in a month for a cleaning, and the month after for the preparation for the crown, where they shape my tooth, etc. There are so many steps involved with getting a crown that it is so crazy. I have to go in for one thing, then make an appt for another thing, then go back and get this done before that before getting the crown actually done. Then in December, I go in and the crown gets finished. WOW, I will surely be glad when all this is done.


I started decorating for fall/halloween. I have a few decorations but not alot in our budget. We also didn't want to go all out since we are moving soon. I still want to get a pumpkin and would love to carve one when it gets closer to halloween so we will have to see.


Boots loves to look out the window...I put some halloween window clings on the window and do you see her on the counter?? yea we don't like it.

















I had painted these candy dishes



















































These are the little puff balls I made and the cats got a hold of them and started eating them. I was like ok the end of decorating with these lol.


















Tommy and I went to the 62 Air Force Birthday blast on base. It was really nice, got to talk to friends and eat and hang out. That had a mini dance floor but we didn't long enough to dance.


Tommy and I went to the Rennaisance Festival. It is great. We had gone last year and it was alot of fun. Lots of walking around but alot to see and alot of vendors who want you to buy everything in their booths haha. We didn't buy a whole lot simply because we bought what we could in our budget and alot of things are overpriced. We got this mold of hands (wax hands) as we were holding hands, we dunked our hands in water, and melted wax twelve times to make sure the wax was getting hardended enough. It was so cool. Our hands got really warm while dipping them but it was ok. The crazy thing was we had to move our legs here and there and not squeeze our hands together so that way the blood circulation was moving in our body. If we did that, then we could have passed out so that wouldn't have been good. We got my hand white and Tommy's hand blue. It is on top of our entertainment center in the living room. Other things we got were some delicious garlic rubs and dips. We tried it as samples and loved them so we got some. It is great for snacking with bread or pretzels and if Tommy wants to use them as marinades.


The parade was starting when Tommy took this picture




















































The garlic mustard dip, garlic jalepeno dip, and some garlic rubs for seasoning and marinades

















These are the molded wax hands of ours. Isn't this cool??


















Tommy is putting on the greaves that he bought. (lower leg armor)


















If you look closely, you can see the hair net with silver balls in it in my hair. One lady kept trying to sell me all sorts of stuff and I didn't want anything. Didn't want to spend alot of $$ but I was just like ok I will buy the thingy for my hair. It is very pretty so she tied it in my bun and it looked nice and wore it all day.



















The skull bracelet Tommy liked and got.


















The bracelet I liked so I got it. It is so nice because it will match my pearls if I wanted to wear them both.















All these things we got seems like alot but actually it isn't. There were so much more we wanted to buy but couldn't afford it so we got cheaper things.

I've been baking alot of snack foods and desserts. Been trying to be good and make healthier foods but it gets hard and so there aren't alot of healthy desserts haha. One dessert I made was a chocolate pound cake another one was a cherry coffee cake. I want to make lemon bread and for lunches or a snack egg salad.
We are so excited for Carl and McKenzie. McKenzie is due with her baby any day now. Carl and Mac, we hope you like all your baby's items. I took so much time crafting many of them and enjoyed it so much.

So pretty much we have been well. Hope all is well with everyone too.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for all you have done for us! I will post pictures soon... just been having contractions and weirdness so havent been on top of anything haha!

    Sounds like you had fun at the festival!

    ReplyDelete

Followers