Monday, April 13, 2009

We celebrated our anniversary a few days earlier, Easter Day was good, etc

So ever since we got back from our trip the end of March to see family in Utah, things have been really busy for us. We went back to work and had the weekends off but it seems like there is always something to be done around the house or going out and doing something.

I've been painting something in my spare time for us and for Carl and McKenzie's baby. I really enjoy painting. Sometimes it seems like a lot to drag all the paints and stuff out but actually paining is fun. I bought one of those fold up tables so I can paint on it. I like it because I can be out in the living room with Tommy if we are watching t.v or something and still paint. Also, I don't have to worry about getting our coffee table or my desk ruined with paint.

We decided to celebrate our 3 year anniversary early. We went to the Steamboat Arabia in the city market in Kansas City, Missouri. We had gone there with my parents when they visited the first year Tommy and I were married. It is really neat. The Steamboat Arabia was what a family found in a farmer's field about 45 feet underground and they dug it up and researched it, collected everything from it and made a museum there for people to come and explore. This happened in 1856 and they are still finding items in the Missouri River. There I bought a ruby ring. The city market was cool, we bought some canolies and ate them. They are so delicous. It makes me want to buy the canoli shells and filling and make a lot of them since they are so good. We ate at a fancy chinese place. It was good. Then we went to The Legend's outlet mall in Kansas City, Kansas. We walked through a lot of shops and went inside the TREX restaurant. It was decorated with dinosaurs and animated dinosaurs. There was a descent size shop. It was pretty cool. We didn't eat there but we looked around. We ended up being gone all day and headed back home. We were tired from walking all day so it was nice to get home.

Easter day was good. Hope everyone had a great Easter. Tommy grilled duck. He found this one recipe in a grilling cookbook called Garlic Ginger Duck and he made a homemade orange sauce to go with it. It was really good. He also made fried corn and grilled red onions. For dessert we had ice cream and easter candy yummy yummy!! I wanted to color eggs or make Easter cookies but since Tommy and I get so busy working, I didn't have time to do any of it. While Tommy was grilling, he had Haley and Duke outside playing. They loved it.

Our pets are well. Duke has become more vocal and barks and howls a lot more and barks and howls back at us when we say the word no!! He is more hyper than he use to be and we aren't sure if it is because he is getting older or he didn't get the attention he needed while we were away. Everything went fine when we took him to the vet. He goes back in two weeks.

One of our friends is going to Iraq. So we told his wife that if she and his daughter need anything to ask us. We will here to help them out. Also, our other friend is going to Korea in a couple weeks. We have a close friendsip with them so we will help out his wife and daughter as well if she needs anything. We are hoping to get together with them before they leave.

I am hoping to dye my hair soon. Probably a reddish color again since the red looks good.

Well, that's all for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers