Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Aunt who is terribly sick and Tommy's new work schedule

So my aunt who is terribly sick in the hospital isn't doing well at all. She had surgery on her heart because of a blood clot the doctors found, her leg got amputated because it turned blue and the infection spead to it. She doesn't have much circulation going through her body. She has been in an induced coma for a month now and hasn't woken up at all. All the medication the doctors are giving her are doing nothing for her. Her body is rejecting it all and so she isn't getting better. Now her hands are turning blue. It is just so sad hearing from my mom all that is happening to my aunt. We are sending her a card even though she is not aware of what is going on. My uncle will really appreciate it though. We just really hope things don't get worse. I mean all this is bad enough. Please Aunt Jean, you are strong. You will make it. Don't pass away. I haven't seen you in a long time and will love to see you again someday.

Tommy starts days next week. He starts working in a new shop. They moved him to a new shop sooner and so he isn't complaining. He is looking forward to it actually. The people, the job he will be doing and just overall, a better working environment. Things weren't working out in the shop he was in and so it is for the better for him going to a new shop. He will be actually be building the bombs like he first did when he got to this base. He loved it. It was such an exciting job for him. They only have day shifts so that is good. When there are exercises though, he could work overnights but mainly he will work days. We really like him on day shift.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your aunt! I hope she get's better. Be strong Racheal, I know it's hard to have a loved one go through this kind of a thing.

    Hugs and if you need to talk I'm here!

    Love, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks yea it is hard to bring up the subject. When my parents talk about how sick she is, I just want to cry. I know sometimes talking helps but with this, it is extremely hard. Thanks Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your aunt. We will keep her in our thoughts and prayers. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all of you!! I appreciate your caringness.

    ReplyDelete

Followers