Tuesday, March 10, 2009

All my hard work actually pays off at my job and all Tommy's hard work pays off at his job as well!!

So all my hard work and doing the best I can do at my job, actually pays off. I am shocked because of the way the company I work for is. You see, I'll explain this better. When I first started working for Walgreens, and was there for a short while I began to realize that no matter how hard I worked, and did the best I could do, it really didn't mean anything to the management and it didn't show them that I was not one of the slackers or non hard working people. Others felt the same way. I always do the best I can do and more. Now that I have been there for long while, I have gotten better management over time, which makes things better. I didn't have the best management. But not everywhere has "the best management." So in the past month, I have received two employee "great job" achievement award gift cards for doing exactly that "great job". I don't like to act as if I am putting myself on a pedistol, but I do want to be acknowledged for all my hard work you know and who doesn't? Last month, I did outstanding customer service and sold the most donations to American Heart Association. With that all said and done I can wear jeans on truck day, which is tomorrow.

My husband and I both are very hard workers. Tommy has been asked to be in a special shop doing the special job that he is doing because of all his hard work. He is a wonderful leader and boss. He looks out for his troops and he has been told he "makes the world go round." He works through lunch to get ahead on things and ends up staying late sometimes to finsh projects that are really important. Yea I miss him and yea he doesn't get off work exactly at four in the afternoon, so most of the time I start dinner and wait until he gets home but I understand. With him in the military, it is very important as a staff sergeant that he does those things. People have told Tommy that they enjoy working with him and having him as their boss. That makes both Tommy and I very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers