Thursday, March 5, 2009

Our eight week old puppy named Duke

We got a puppy yay!! Here is Duke.
Look how cute he is!! The brown on his face stands out and makes him all cute!
We are crazy yes yes we know!! haha! We have reasons why we got him. 1. We love animals especially dogs and cats. 2. There were three puppies left from the litter that one of the girls I work with had and we wanted one. 3. We felt it was ok to have another dog. 4. We decided it would be an three year anniversary gift to each other.

See what happened was one of the girls I work with her fiance had dogs that had ten puppies. So yesterday at work, she brought them to the parking lot. Everyone saw, including me. I went out there to see them, I held one but knew if I stayed much longer I would have gotten one. I was going to surprise Tommy with one, by bringing one home or bringing him there to see them but they left before I got off and I was told only one was left and thought he or she was taken already. So I came home and told Tommy about it, he said now sure I guess we can have him or her. Haha!! I called up to see how many they actually had left and turned out they had three left. We wanted the boy one. They all are basset hound/boxer mixes. He may have part beagle in him because his face and body looks like a beagle but we aren't sure yet. They are eight weeks old. He was born Jan 5, 2009. So about a month before Haley's birthday. We got all the stuff for him that he needs now.

Our cats and Haley get along great with him. They chase him around and sniff him. Haley was all excited and wanted to play. He is of course kind of scared and crys a lot and howls but that is what is expected. He is a basset hound and we can tell it is in him. We couldn't decided on a name at first but settled on Duke. He was free! But there is no such thing as a free pet when you have to buy everything to go with it.
Him in Haley's old kennel so we didn't have to buy a new one. She stays with the cats now.


He decided to get out of the kennel!

He saw his reflection in the mirror! As you can see Boots is next to the door watching

Playing with Tommy

Eating his dinner as Toby watches


Aww them both looking
He is so soft!

Aww!

He got a bath and so he was tired. He was taking a nap


Duke will be spoiled just like Haley, Boots and Toby. We love our pets. This is our little family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers