Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hmm, what's new...

Well first, I seriously need to get back into the routine of exercising, whether it would be to walk, or jog around the neighborhood since it has been really warming up here. I could go to the gym. I am tired from work day after day so I really need to put it in my schedule and just do it. Tommy has to do Physcial Training three times a week and does it every time in the mornings. If I did it early like him I would have to get up around 4 or 4:30. I might just start walking in the evening after work. Tommy said he may go with me. There is a new pool at the community center down town. There is lazy river, a bunch of water slides for adults and for children. I want to check it out and see about maybe us going this summer and work out at the pool or just swim and relax there. It sounds descent for something in the community center.

Duke recently got neutered. The first night we brought him home, he was uncomfortable. He whined and just layed in my arms on the way home from the vet like he was not happy. The next morning he was back to his normal self hyper, barking, and whining. We felt so bad for the poor puppy. A few days later I thought his area got a little swollen and so we were told to contact the vet if we saw any swollen, redness or purple blotch around the area. So I called the vet and explained what I saw and Tommy took Duke in the next day so the vet could take a look. Everything was fine. I guess I was just paranoid. But it is better to be safe then sorry. Duke has been peeing in his kennel a lot. I mean a lot. We walk him in the morning after we get up, we walk him in the evening after we get home from work, and in the evenings before we go to bed a few times. When we are home, he gets walked a few times during the day. We don't understand why he pees so much and then he licks it and makes the whole room and house smell gross. I was so frustrated. I understand he is a puppy but I wanted to know why he was peeing so much. I think anyone who ever raised a puppy can relate to how frustrating and fun it can be. We think he is just a puppy and needs to learn how to hold it. So we got some really good advice from my parents. They told us to get a smaller kennel, so that way it only fits him barely and so he doesn't have enough room to pee. Well in our budget, the only thing that we can get is something like wire shelving covered with plastic from Lowes. Tommy and I got them, and Tommy put it together in Duke's kennel just fine. He divided the kennel in half with the wire shelving. The front part fits Duke perfectly where he can lay down but doesn't have much room to go potty. It has been a few days and we have seen an improvement. Thanks Dad and Mom M for your good advice. We haven't seen any pee in his kennel during the day or at night so hopefully Duke will keep it up and we will be happy. Duke only barks now when he knows someone is at the door or needs something like going potty outside. There are times when we still need to put the barking collar on him but not that often. We need to make an appt for Haley for her one year checkup and for vaccinations.

I recently did something so stupid but funny. I got out of my car a little too fast and didn't realize that I forgot my car keys. They were in the ignition and the car was in park and was still on. Oh gee, I had gone inside with Tommy and left the car that way the whole night. Then the next morning I go to get my keys out of my purse, and I can't find them. Then I look on the kitchen counters, nothing, no keys. Now I start to get paranoid, running out of time to get to work and so I go out to my car, thinking oh hopefully they are on the passenger seat but they weren't. So I I happen to look over in the driver's side and saw them in the ignition. I couldn't believe it. I go to turn the keys and my car didn't start. Nothing happened. So I called Tommy at work. He knew I had a dead battery since the car was on all night. I called my boss to let her know what was going on. He came home and tried jump starting it with the jumper cables. There was no luck. Tommy ended up driving me to work with his Mustang. He went back to work and over the weekend, Tommy got my car jump started. He thought at first it was the starter in my car and wished it wasn't. That would be more $$ to put out the window. We were so happy everything was fine. Wasn't I lucky my car didn't get driven off by someone since it was on all night?? HAHA!!

I am back to having weekends off, so it is nice. It is defitenly better. They have cut back my hours a little bit at my job but what are we going to do? We have to do what we have to do. I just wish the same thing Diana wishes, that there were four day weekends, two days for chores and running around doing errands and two days to relax and have fun. Tommy started his TAP (Transition Assistance Program Seminar) This is a four day course that helps him get prepared for the civilian work life, teaches him how to write a resume and they go over interviewing skills, cover different programs and benefits to help him find a job. It is a voluntary for active duty military and we think it is a great thing for Tommy so he is enjoying it so far. He gets to wear regular clothes (no Air Force uniform) and so he is happy about that. It doesn't make him feel he is at work and he can be his normal self the whole time.

There is an elephant show coming up at the fairgrounds this weekend and are interested in going. I got free tickets at my job. We might go with some friends or we might go alone. Never been to one so we will see if it is any good or not. Wings over Whiteman is this weekend, and we want to go. It is the same air show that we attended a few years ago. It is amazing! We both enjoyed it and tons of people come from all over to this base for Wings over Whiteman. They show all the different airplanes. Tommy wanted to see if they were going to show a static display but they aren't this year so he is kind of bummed about that because he enjoyed it last time talking to people about the bombs that he builds.

All in all, things are good. We keep busy with our jobs and try to relax in the evenings after work. Of course we dream of going on vacations all the time but unfortunately it is not in our budget.

Hope everyone is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers