Saturday, May 2, 2009

New Blog

So I know I don't get on here every week and blog, I have to have stuff to blog about first and so it has been awhile and now there are stuff.

This past week has been a bit busy for us. Tommy was working the overnight shift and getting off on time but things got a little hectic during the inspection and so therefore, Tommy was told by his shop chief to move back to his original shop and work there on day shift. He is happier about that and so am I. He likes it better there anyway. Tommy said his program for work went so great but others jobs didn't go so hot, so now next week everyone has to work 12 hour shifts which means, Tommy will go in at 6 a.m. and get off 6 p.m. He is not looking forward to working 12 hour shifts again since he has been working those for a while now but he has to do what he has to do. The inspectors were quite impressed with Tommy's work. He did such a wonderful job at everything. One of Tommy's troops came over yesterday to pick up something and he told us that Tommy was the best boss he ever worked for. Now that really makes Tommy and I both very happy to hear that. He told him because he is nice, easy to talk with, and just in general a wonderful boss. Basically not a butt head.

I have to work a few Sundays coming up. There are a lot of people requesting off for Mother's Day (sorry Mom M and Mom J we are 1000 miles away from you or I would request off too) and graduation weekend so with me working Sundays for a while, I don't get to close during the week. I guess I get the good with the bad. Tommy and I talked about that and we feel that sometimes working one day one the weekend is ok. Sometimes I am off and Tommy has to work. Being head cashier, I have to do what they tell me to a point.

2 weeks from now is Duke's BIG appt. He will be getting fixed. Fun fun. I am sure he will be fine but I am going to worry and think aww how is our puppy.

I had my yearly evaluation at my job this past week. Things are really good. My boss rated me a little higher with things than I rated myself. I explained some problems at work and we talked about resolutions to try to help fix them. The only thing is I would really appreciate a raise haha!! Don't know if it is my time to get one yet.

With this Swine flu going around, the other morning I woke up sniffling and my throat was kind of dry. I just thought oh it is nothing. Maybe I am getting a cold since my boss had one and was out sick one day. Then it cleared and I felt better about that. I really hope no one gets it. I haven't heard any reports of anyone around here having it so we will see. I am kind of worried since it is a very bad flu.

Tommy is always tired from work but other than that he is good. Our pets are good too. I will blog again when there is more to blog about.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your work schedules have been clashing. That's good that Tommy is back on days. Makes life easier I'm sure.

    Hope you get a raise!

    ReplyDelete

Followers