Monday, May 11, 2009

Update on Tommy, etc

So Tommy is finally feeling better from the bad stomach bug that he had. He was on bed rest for a few days and was told by his doctor "no work." He was happy about that but he was also sick so it wasn't necessarily all that fun!! I took great care of him and then the weekend came, and I was off Saturday but not on Mother's Day!!

Sunday, we went to a chinese buffet. One of our favorite places to eat close to home. They had their special seafood all you can eat buffet. It was delicious. I ate all I can eat crab legs and coconut shrimp and buttered surimi. Yummy Yummy. Tommy just ate the regular chinese food from the buffet. He has always told me crab is good but there is a lot of work to get the crab out of the crab legs. Haha!! Not that I am a mom yet, but we decided to do something nice yesterday. Tommy was feeling better and I worked all day so it was just really nice to get out and do something fun. Then we went and saw Star Trek...One of the movies Tommy wanted to see. We both got to do something we wanted. It was kind of last minute but last minute things can be fine too. Hope all the moms out there had a wonderful day.

At least for the rest of this month, I will be working Sundays. Therefore, I do not have to close one day a week and then turn right back around the next morning and go to work. Instead I only work day shift. At first we thought oh that is a bummer I would have to work one day on the weekend but it isn't that bad. Tommy and I talked about it and especially if the better management works with me one day on the weekend, then that just makes things better. I will not be as tired. I don't know how long this will go on. That is all included in being head cashier. Also, Tommy and I get off around the same time from work so that is cool. He is no longer working 12 hour shifts and he gets off at 4. We are definitely happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers