Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Poor Tommy he is sick with a bad stomach bug!!

So this is what is going on. So just the other day at work I complained about a stomach ache. It had gone away. Then it came back and went away. Then the next day I had the same thing happen, the stomach ache came and then it went away. I was gee, what is this? Am I getting sick, getting the flu, how weird.

So just yesterday, Tommy complained that he has been in the bathroom alot having diahreah. Fun Fun!! He thought maybe it was the dried fruit he ate and he said he ate quite a bit of it. But for two weeks he has been snacking on it and he was feeling fine. Then yesterday he comes home from work and looked SO TIRED, I mean he could just fall over and go to sleep. I was like what is wrong? He told me that he was so exhausted and his body ached head to toe. I was like oh gee, don't tell me you are getting the flu again and this whole passing out thing is going to happen just like 6 months ago. He told me not to worry and that it was probably eating too much dried fruit or he might have a stomach bug. So then as he layed on the couch, there were so many things going through my mind like what is he pukes, constantly pukes and has diahreah, then if he loses too much water he will get dehydrated and pass out. So then he thinks he is dehydrated. He drank a lot of water at work and he said that he may not be as dehydrated as last time. So I got a neighbor friend to come over. Him and his fiance hung out while I went to the store and got Tommy gatorade since he needs the electrolytes if he is dehydrated. So then I got Tommy some applesauce and bread to eat since he requested it and he ate it. Then like not even 20 minutes later, he went to the bathroom again and he complained that his stomach hurt even more and he was getting hot and cold flashes. Now I was worried so we talked with the doctor and she told us that Tommy is going to be off work for two days and on quarters, which means no work, no going places. He has to stay at home. He is sleeping right now and been in bed since midnight. Now this past week and half he was on overnights and in a matter of a day he had to switch his schedule to work day shift. He has been working 60 hours or more a week and been getting 7 hours asleep at night and this has been going on for 3 months. For the amount of hours he has been working and getting 7 hours at night we believe 7 hours at night is just not enough for him. We are really thinking that him working that much is a factor in making his stomach bug worse. Not being well rested and switching his work schedule is putting a toll on his body. I just feel so bad for him. So hopefully in a few days he will get better. I called my boss last night and told him what was going on and told me not to worry about coming in today. I am taking care of Tommy and will let everyone know how he is soon.

Oh and congrats to Carl and McKenzie. They just found out they are having a girl. I will work on girly crafts for their baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers